Friday 16 May 2014

Painting and More Painting

I have continued the various stages of painting the guitar and mandolin bodies throughout the week so I thought it might be an idea just to update the site with my progress. Over the previous weekend I prepared and sanded the 2 Telecaster bodies I am working on ready for grey primer.



Both bodies are looking great but I had discovered some splits in the finish of the solid body model much the same as I had experienced on the Les Paul body.  They are both made from the same stock so perhaps there is something in that.


Both bodies are sprayed the same colour but the light plays tricks in the above picture making them both look different colours!  Hopefully the primer will be fully hardened by the weekend allowing me to lightly sand a key for the topcoat to adhere to.


I have sprayed several light coats of black aerosol onto the Les Paul body.  I will leave this to sit for several days before lightly sanding everything and applying several more coats.



The Stratocatser body I am working on has already been covered with several light coats of nitrocellulose lacquer but over the past week or so there are a couple of areas which have sunk! I have spot filled these with lacquer and hopefully when I apply a couple more coats they will blend and finally sand smooth with the rest of the surface.


Finally I sanded the mandolin with 600 grit sandpaper all over just to smooth everything out ready for several more coats of lacquer.  There are a few places I spot filled on this body as well, especially arounf the edges on the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment