Monday 18 November 2013

Telecaster III - 10 - Ready For The Fret Board

Tonight I removed the clamps from the Telecaster neck and starting planing the fillet down flush with the neck.  The fillet is secure although there are a couple of small gaps, evidence of the slip with the router.


I have sanded the top of the neck smooth and flat ready for the fingerboard.  I also dropped a little filler into the gaps and over the anchor so there will be no chance of any glue seeping into the truss rod channel when I attach the fret board.


The adjustment nut is snug in it's hole but there is a tiny bit of play by design.  The adjustment nut is 10mm diameter and the hole was drilled with a 10mm bit so I enlarged it slightly.


I made sure the anchor at the end of the truss rod finished just short of where the nut will be.  I sunk the anchor into the neck and a little filler will ensure there is no play at all, although the anchor was tapped into its hole with a hammer so it is never going to move!


I put a little filler in the hole I cut for the washer, it wont be seen once the fret board is glued on and saves excess glue seeping into the end of the truss rod channel.


I'm looking forward to glueing the the fingerboard onto the neck, It is African Rosewood and should look great next to the oak neck.



No comments:

Post a Comment