Friday 29 November 2013

Telecaster III - 14 - Fret Board Profile

I had intended my next job to be cutting the fret slots but looking at the fret board I decided it is too thick and that I would like to take some of the thickness out of it before cutting the fret slots so it's out with the jig I made earlier in the year.  It is simply 2 pieces of wood screwed to the workbench with a radius block which slides up and down to shape the fret board.  I put a clamp at one end just to stop any movement in the guides.  

It works perfectly but I'm rapidly running out of provisions and the sand paper I have is fine for finishing but not much good at removing the couple of mm I would like to get rid of.  I will try and get some courser sand paper at the weekend and update after that.  In the ideal world I would have a planer thicknesser in my workshop and this would just take a couple of passes and be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment