Thursday 28 November 2013

Telecaster III - 13 - Continuing With the Neck

Lat night I carried on working on the fret board shaping the nut end to a nice curved profile.  As the truss rod adjustment nut is at the heel and the truss rod is anchored under the fret board there is no hole or plug visible at the nut end.


I used a drum sanding attachment on my drill stand to shape the profile and have a little more sanding to do now to smooth the transition into the the flat of the head itself.


I then used a cabinet scraper to level the sides of the fret board making it flush with the oak neck.  I am no expert at 'turning the burr' on the cabinet scraper but managed well enough to smooth out the edges.  Next on the list is to mark out and cut the fret slots and then sand a profile on the fret board.

No comments:

Post a Comment