Sunday 3 November 2013

Another Ukulele Project - Completing The Electronics

Today I continued with the Telecaster Ukulele, I started by lining all the cavities with  copper tape, it's the first time I have used It and I must say it is very impressive. It moulds easily to the contours of the cavities and also adheres really well.


I drilled a hole for the jack socket and also drilled a hole though to the control cavity and also a hole through to one of the mounting screws for the bridge to run an earth wire.  Unfortunately I was a little to enthusiastic and came through the top, so that will have to be filled.


I mounted the pickup in the pick guard, I was not happy with the edges of the hole I had cut for the pickup so I added a piece of copper tape cut fit over the edges of the pickup cavity, It finishes the pickguard perfectly.  I then drill 2 holes and mounted the pickup to the pick guard.


I the wired up the volume and tone pots, I am still very concerned about the location of the volume and tome pots.  Perhaps I need to consider moving them, I think they will restrict playing the instrument too much.  I tested the volume and tone by tapping the pickup with a screw driver and the sound defiantly changed in both volume and tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment