Tuesday 1 October 2013

DLP Les Paul 2 - Working on the Neck

With the two 'wings' glued onto the head neck blank I laid out the shape of the headstock.  I found myself sanding and planing wood I would eventually remove so I decided to cut out the shape now, refine the edges and then continue sanding the face of the headstock smooth.


I used my coping saw and stayed well away from the lines giving me plenty of material left to plane smooth and square to the face.


Here's one I made earlier!  This is the prototype Les Paul neck still waiting for it's final coat of finish, but handy to have around as a guide.


It's past midnight here so I need to stop for the night now! There is still quite a lot of sanding to do and I want to use my sanding drum which is a little too noisy at this time of night.

No comments:

Post a Comment