Tuesday 15 October 2013

Another Ukulele Project - Glueing In The Neck

I spent a little time sanding the neck and body earlier today and then applied a coat of sanding sealer, let this dry for an hour or so then sanded it back with 400 grit sand paper and then applied another coat.  Then everything was rubbed back with fine wire wool and another coat of sanding sealer applied.


After repeating the above a couple more times I decided to glue the neck in place, so I applied the glue and clamped everything in place and I will leave this overnight to set.


Next job is to decide how I am going to make this into an electric Ukulele, I have a spare pickup from a Stratocaster so I could attach that at an angle I guess, then I need to find a 4 string bridge narrow enough for the neck.  I will make a pick guard, and I will have to think of how to mount the volume and tone controls as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment