Friday 11 October 2013

Another Ukulele Project - Cutting Out The Body

I spent some time preparing a template at work using the outline of a normal Telecaster but slightly increasing the width where the neck meets the body to accommodate the neck I have made.  The proportions still look good though.


I used the jigsaw to cut out the shape staying well away from the line as the jigsaw blade tends to lean over to one side when cutting curves.  This is not too much of an issue as I know what to expect and will sand the sides square with my drill and sanding drums.


Even though the body is pine it still takes some effort to cut the shape out carefully avoiding getting too close to the line and trying to keep the saw blade as square as possible.


Once the body was cut out I started smoothing the edges and squaring them to the top and bottom.


I'm making progress, below is the body next to a regular size Telecaster body.  I just have to concentrate on the cut outs by the neck.


No comments:

Post a Comment