Tuesday 17 September 2013

More Fun Painting

I'm in full paint shop mode still but the weather is thwarting me at the moment.  I was a little too keen a couple of days ago and sprayed when it was too cold and I ended up with 'bloom' on all 3 guitars. Unfortunately it seems the only way round this is to sand back the bloom and paint again. 


I took the opportunity to fill a couple of blemishes that showed up on the Les Paul prototype.


The Encore Bass didn't need too much attention although it is easy to see how thin the paint goes on as I have sanded through the primer around the edges.


The Stratocaster looks pretty cool as it is... If I wanted a road worn look this would be the way to go!


Both necks needed a light sanding as well but on the whole are not too bad.  I just need to be patient and wait for the weather to warm up a little, I was too keen to start the other morning and it was quite warm in the afternoon so I would have been fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment