Saturday 7 September 2013

DLP Les Paul Prototype - 28 - Tuner Peg Holes

First thing this morning I continued work on the Lest Paul neck, I started by finishing off the fret markers buy carefully sanding them flush with progressively finer grades of sand paper until they were all nice and smooth.


Next I turned my attention to the holes for the machine heads.  I carefully laid out the positions for the 6 holes and drilled them on my drill stand.


I then masked up the fingerboard ready for the first coat of primer.  I'm hoping not too much of the grain shows through.


Unfortunately the grain does show through so it will have to be filled before the next coat.  I had put some grain filled on the neck before but obviously not enough!


Next I will start work on the template for the neck routing on the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment