Monday 30 September 2013

DLP Les Paul 2 - Starting The Project

As well as several guitars hanging in the garage waiting for final coats of paint, another Ukulele build for my other son and another Telecaster on the go I have started a new Les Paul style build.  I had glued up a couple of boards a few weeks ago and have a mahogany neck blank already scarf jointed ready to go.


The headstock will need some additional material glued to each side and the blank is too thick so firstly I cut the back of the head off and then cut that in half ready to glue to the sides of the headstock.  By mounting the blank between two parallel pieces of metal I was able to saw a nice flat piece from the blank.


I glued up the one half of the headstock last night and the other this morning ready for final shaping and getting the thickness even.  I had previously used this blank as a test when I routed the truss rod channel in the DLP Les Paul Prototype neck so the is one job out of the way!




No comments:

Post a Comment