Friday 9 August 2013

Telecaster 3 - Design Ideas

 Even though I have guitars in various stages of completion but nothing really finished yet I can't help thinking about the next project.  And it's got to be another Telecaster.  I love the sound of 'Luke' the second Telecaster I built and in particular the sound from the neck P90 pickup. So my next guitar must feature a neck P90.


I also love the simplicity of Fender's original design and so the overall shape will remain the same as will the front mounted control panel in a thinline body, however I have been thinking about a different pickguard design and will continue to accentuate to curves of this design.  I would love to hear your thoughts and comments on this design.


Above is a further refinement of the idea.  I think the design would look great as either a solid body guitar or with a thinline body.  Having created a Telecaster with P90 pickups I loved the sound from the neck pickup so I think a P90 is a must.

No comments:

Post a Comment