Thursday 29 August 2013

Encore Bass Refinish - 2 - Primer Coat

The last thing I did last night was wipe on a thin layer of sanding sealer onto all the exposed edges and into the bumps and grooves.  I am not trying to fill all the imperfections at this stage, just prepare the body for grey primer.


As previously mentioned, there is not a lot wrong with this body.  For the majority of the past 20 years this guitar has been sitting in it's case or hanging on the wall so most of the wear occurred before I purchased it.


The first thing I did this morning was to sand everything as smooth as possible using 80 grit sandpaper followed by 400 grit to take out some of the rough marks the courser sandpaper left but leaving a key for the paint.


I have sprayed a thin coat of primer mainly concentrating on the edges where I had exposed the wood.


I'm not too bothered about the overspray at this point in time, the object at the moment is to show up any imperfections and then fill them and respray with primer.

No comments:

Post a Comment