Saturday 17 August 2013

DLP Les Paul Prototype - 17 - Routing Truss Rod Channel

Today  I started the day by using my jigsaw to rough out the shape of the DLP Les Paul headstock.


I spent most of the morning mounting the router to my bench saw, it has a dedicated area with a hole designed to accommodate a router, but I did have to modify the base of the router by drilling a couple of holes to take the mounting bolts. I then routed out the truss rod channel.


I also router a channel in my second neck blank as it seemed daft not to do it while everything was set up.  It was my plan to then make a couple of fingerboards out of a piece of hardwood I had in the garage (the other half of the piece I used to make a Telecaster neck out of), however my bench saw decided to misbehave and made scrap wood out of my blank.  So it looks like I will have to revert to an oak fingerboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment