Sunday 11 August 2013

DLP Les Paul Prototype - 14 - Neck at Last

I finally get to start the neck for the DLP Les Paul Prototype (To be call 'Ethan' after my youngest son).  So I picked up a piece of mahogany for £4 from my local timber suppliers and got to work on fashioning a neck.


I have decided to make a bolt on neck, maybe I will make a glue on neck on a later project but for now I will stick with what I know.  However I still need to make a scarf joint to give the head the backwards angle it needs.


I cut the joint by hand carefully and cut it at a 17 degree angle.  The cut isn't perfect but nothing that a little sanding wont put right.


The wood is too thick, I think I need to continue sanding the joint and face of the head until they are perfect and square and then reduce the thickness of the blank before glueing.

No comments:

Post a Comment