Friday 12 July 2013

Telecaster Two - 39 - Mounting the Nut

When I put the guitar together I hadn't set the string height at the nut.  It was sitting too high in the slot I had cut for it so I took the strings off, removed the nut and filed the slot slightly deeper and flatter to accommodate the nut.  However I was not happy with the width of the slot so I used super glue to add a thin piece of wood to pack out the slot a little. 


Once the glue dried I sanded off the extra wood and then refined the slot to ensure a nice tight fit.  I then glued the nut in the slot after roughly checking the string height, I will refine the slot heights with a file once the strings have been reinstalled.  A couple of coats of Tru-Oil and the job is complete.


A couple of shots to further test my camera's macro capabilities!


Lumps and bumps in all their glory!


No comments:

Post a Comment