Monday 29 July 2013

New Garage Workbench

Looking round my garage it's amazing I am able to make anything with such little bench space.  And as much as I try and keep things tidy it is almost impossible.


A couple of weeks ago I moved my drill press and bench grinder to make a little more room but it is still not enough. 

So I decided to clear one side of the garage and build a new workbench using a few bits I have doing nothing in the garage.  




The top was an internal door, and the legs and shelf are made from the kids old bunk bed and the top is finished off with a couple of wardrobe doors and a radiator cover.


Lots of light on that side of the garage in the day.  I have mounted a vice at the far end but I'm undecided about the drill stand and bench grinder.


So much room, I should be able to work on a couple of bodies at the same time which is my ultimate goal.


There is a lot of storage space under the bench which is a great help and despite the bench been so large a lot of things can to stored out of the way opening up the garage a little.


No comments:

Post a Comment