Friday 26 July 2013

Epiphone Les Paul Special Model - 15 - Reconnecting Electrics and Stringing Up

First job of the evening is to solder all the components back together.  These are the original Epiphone pots and wires however the switch, pickups and jack socket are all brand new.


Earlier today I gave the fingerboard a good clean and a coat or tow of lemon oil as the masking tape I used whilst levelling the frets had sucked a lot of the oil out of the top of the wood.


With everything tested and secured I restrung the Les Paul and tuned it whilst ensuring the strings did not buzz anywhere on the neck.


A quick test before I call it a night and the action is great before I even think about giving the guitar its final setup.


I loved the design and the colour combination seems to work well. 


It's a unique guitar with a unique finish which gives the guitar an old look with a modern twist.



No comments:

Post a Comment