Friday 5 July 2013

Epiphone Les Paul Special Model - 13 - Still Not Happy With The Finish

Now here is something I haven't seen for a while in the garage, the Epiphone Les Paul stripped down and hanging up drying from fresh paint!  There was a few places where the lacquer was not as thick as I would have liked and I had rubbed through to the paint below.  There was also a couple of areas where the ivory colour didn't look right and needed to be removed completely.  For example there was a bit poking out under the neck joint which I wasn't happy with.


I think I may have been a little too keen finishing the surface and wet sanding as the lacquer had cracked in a couple of places so I decided to to strip everything down, touch up where appropriate and add another couple of coats of lacquer to blend everything in.

No comments:

Post a Comment