Monday 22 July 2013

DLP Les Paul Prototype - 9 - Smoothing The Binding

The binding channel was deliberately cut slightly shallow and narrow to allow it to stand proud allowing me to smooth the binding level to top and side.  


I started by sanding the majority on the sides away with 320 sandpaper and then used a brand new Stanley / utility knife blade.  There was a couple of places where there were gaps so I melted some leftover binding with some nail polish remover and dabbed it into the gaps, once it dried I sanded off the excess.


I also noticed quiet a gap around the edge of the back cover so applied a little filler to build up the missing material.  I will sand this smooth once it sets and add a little more filler if required.


I need to start thinking about building the neck as I'm running out of jobs to do on the body.  I don't have any primer so I can't really painting yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment