Thursday 18 July 2013

DLP Les Paul Prototype - 6 - Back Cover Preperation

Today I have continued to prepare the back cover for the DLP Prototype Telecaster.  I continued to sand it down smooth both sides.  As this was part of a radiator cover it was covered on one side with white gloss paint.  There is no point in sanding right back to bare MDF as it will only need to be sealed again.


After one of two repairs with a little super glue the back and inside were given a generous coat of sanding sealer and put to one side to dry for a while.  It may need several coats as MDF drinks sanding sealer.


So with everything drying I have time to consider if I should put an f-hole in the front of the body using the same styling as the f-hole in the two Telecaster style guitars I have already made.


No comments:

Post a Comment