Tuesday 25 June 2013

Telecaster Two - 28 - Some Colour On The Body

First job of the evening was to sand back the stain on the back of the Telecaster body as there were several scratched across the grain which just jumper out at me.  I used a flat block and 120 grit followed by 600 grit and 0000 wire wool then applied a thin coat of sanding sealer and let it dry before lightly sanding with 600 grit sand paper.


I then sanded the front and sides lightly and covered everything with a wet coat of dark oak wood stain.  My idea with this is to give the Indian Rosewood a dark flat background to contrast with it's reddish brown richness.
It looks a mess and shows where I over applied the sanding sealer but I intend to leave this to dry tonight and sand a lot of it back tomorrow and then apply a couple more coats of the Rosewood dye.


I am also experimenting on ways to create a subtle burst on the front of the body by just concentrating the stain around the edge of the body.  Once again it looks a mess now but some sanding once it is dry will smooth everything out.


No comments:

Post a Comment