Friday 21 June 2013

Telecaster Two - 25 - Neck Pocket Recovery Work

So its out with the chisel and sandpaper to try and recover the neck pocket.  I am trying to take even amounts off the fillets and I keep offering up the neck to make sure I don't take too much off one side or the other.


With the neck pocket looking OK I can concentrate on the pick guard.  I will be making it from a blank piece of un-etched printed circuit board.  For what it's worth the back it copper plated so on the right project this would make a great material to shield the electronics.


There is a lot of fine tuning to do and I have yet to decide how to finish the pick guard once it is finished.


I have also got to decide what colour to finish the pick guard, also if I should file the edges at an angle or round them over or leave them at a 90 degree angle.


I need to make sure my routing is a little more accurate when it comes to making the cavities for the pickups.

No comments:

Post a Comment