Tuesday 18 June 2013

Telecaster Two - 23 - Neck Route Template

This evening I didn't have much chance to get up to much bit I did manage to create a template for the neck cavity routing.  Hopefully this will give me a nice tight fit as the template is snug.  


I also sanded the body and applied another coat of sanding sealer to the back and sides.  I managed to repeat the process a little later as well and the body is feeling lovely and smooth now.  Also I took the shine off the neck and applied another coat of Tru-oil, I managed to repeat this before I packed up for the night.


I did have a quick think about what style pick guard I will put on this body.  I am not keen on the Fender Thinline pick guards and I like the idea of a hybrid between a standard Telecaster and a Thinline so I think I will keep the metal plate mounted controls, make a custom scratch guard and modify it to accommodate the short bridge and P90 pickups.

No comments:

Post a Comment