Monday 17 June 2013

Telecaster Two - 22 - Shiny Neck

The neck has been drying for the last 24 hours after I coated it with a coat of Tru-Oil.  The back of the neck is was too shiny and will just cramp the playing style as it slows the neck action down so I took the shine off with some 0000 wire wool.


There is still a lot of work to do with this neck but the grain looks beautiful particularly on the head.


And the back doesn't look too bad either.  I will mull over what to do next to the neck, I need to drill the 6 holes for the machine heads and add a decal, then overcoat the decal with lacquer whilst keeping the back of the neck smooth and fast.


I need to route the body for the neck soon as well and finally start getting a feel for how this is going to look finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment