Tuesday 11 June 2013

Telecaster Two - 15 - Clamps And More Clamps Please!

It's time to clamp the body together, I have drilled the jack socket hole (22mm) and drilled a couple of holes into what will become the pickup cavities.  I then applied a serial number and sprayed a thin coat of lacquer over the top to preserve it.  Then one last check and it's on with the wood glue!


Then I use the two templates on the top and bottom of the body to protect the surfaces.  Then it's out with the clamps... I never have enough clamps! There are 14 on the body and I could still do with more!


I will leave the glue to set overnight and remove the clamps tomorrow after work.  Then I can smooth over the edges and decide if I need to bind the front edge and round over the back edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment