Friday 7 June 2013

Telecaster Two - 12 - Basic Laying Out

I need to decide where everything will fit on the guitar and what approach to take with controls and the positions of the controls.  I will need to route the appropriate cavities before I glue the top of the guitar onto the body.


I still haven't decided if I'm going to use a pick guard or not.  I was thinking about adding twin volume and tone controls and putting a pickup selector switch in the middle of the top horn (Les Paul style) or alternatively using a '72 deluxe style pick guard on with the twin volume and tone controls, however I do like the '72 Thinline pick guard  which uses the more traditional telecaster single volume and tone setup.


I'm edging towards the Thinline look I think but I will have to make my own pick guard... but out of what?

No comments:

Post a Comment