Friday 7 June 2013

Telecaster Two - 11 - Rounding The Ends OF The Frets

After a day off yesterday I tidied up the garage (a little!) and started again on the neck.  Tonight I wanted to file the edges of the frets level with the side of the neck and round over the edges.


Here I am grinding down a pair of side cutter so I can trim the ends of the frets before I start filing.


I also needed to improvise a holder for my file so I can get a consistent angle on the ends of the frets.
I just cut an angled groove in a piece of scrap after marking the height of the frets on the side of the wood.


Everything slides nice on a spare piece of laminate flooring


The frets are starting to look good now! They will have to levelled but not at the moment.  Another job I need to think about is fret markers on the side of the neck.  I would like to use something similar to the fret markers on the top of the finger board... Tooth Picks maybe?


No comments:

Post a Comment