Tuesday 4 June 2013

Telecaster Two - 10 - Fretting

A new saw arrived this morning so having filled the over size frets yesterday with epoxy paste I had hoped to  re-saw the slots using the finer saw with the putty having set solid and repacked the holes, however the putty had not set at all so it all came out when I re-cut the slots.


I sanded down the surface which meant I could cut the slots a little deeper using the finer saw.


There was still some play and looseness so I decided to super glue each fret in as well as hammering them down into the fret slots.


Almost finished, the frets were pre cut to size and curved with the tang cut at each end so once the frets are in place I can snip the ends flush and then file them smooth.


All finished, I will let the glue die overnight and then trim the edges flush tomorrow.


I'm loving the look and I cant wait to get this neck on a body.


No comments:

Post a Comment