Saturday 15 June 2013

Stratocaster Project - 6 - Personalising the Headstock - Preparation

I haven't looked at the Stratocaster build for a little while, I want to finish the polishing and also clean the frets, rub off the 'Chord' name and graphics from the headstock so I can add my own.  Then I will set the guitar up and finally have a completed red Strat!


I started today by rubbing off the headstock logo with 400 grit wet and dry sand paper.  It didn't take too much effort, I then smoothed the surface off with 800 and then 1200 grit wet and dry sandpaper.


Finally I added a couple of layers of sanding sealer to the face of the headstock, I will let this dry overnight and then sand it smooth ready for my own custom decal.


While I was there I polished the frets and cleaned the fingerboard with some lighter fuel and rubbed in some lemon oil to condition the wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment