Friday 3 May 2013

Telecaster Project - 4 - Cut Out Ideas

Original Telecaster Shape
 I would like to route a cavity in the pine before I attach a top but I do like the traditional Telecaster pick guard shape so I don't want to route a traditional f-hole as it means modifying the pick guard or using a different shape all together.  So I was toying with some different ideas...

My idea of a modified pick guard 

Modified to accommodate f-hole



This was my initial idea, It would not interfere with the original pick guard and looks cool, 5 holes following the body outline and an imaginary continuation of the top horn.


I then tried to mock something up in Photoshop but I'm not skilled enough to envisage the design fully!


Then I experimented with different shapes following the body outline and this is what I came up with.  I will see how it looks drawn onto the template though before I commit. Or maybe I will go back to the original 5 hole idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment