Friday 17 May 2013

Telecaster Project - 19 - It's Starting To Come Together.

After a few days away from the garage with a horrible cold I was keen to get back to the Telecaster body and press on routing the cavities for the pickups and electronics.


I started with the neck pickup and the wire channel, I had previously set the position for the pick guard and marked the 8 holes out, I then drilled the 8 holes secured the pick guard while marking the position of the neck pickup.


Next I laid out the position of the bridge and routed the pickup cavity.  I then made a template of the control plate and laid it out, then cut out the control cavity.

 With the bridge in its final position I drilled its 3 mounting holes and also holes for the strings.  I didn't go all the way through the body as I will drill the furrule holes and then meet up somewhere in the middle.


Next I drilled the jack socket hole, I did this free hand as there was not too much wood to get through as the body is mostly hollow.


A perfect fit! Lets hope everything else fits as well.


Just the 4 neck bolt / screw holes to drill and also I need to secure the neck pickup inside its cavity.


Wow, getting close now! Can't wait to string it up and plug it in... but there is still a lot to do, more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment