Tuesday 14 May 2013

Telecaster Project - 17 - Bridge Work

The bridge I have for this project is not a classic Fender Telecaster 'Ash Tray' bridge, but a simple Chinese clone.  That's not an issue, It is a prototype and my first build and I'm not trying to build my dream guitar.

However one thing I noticed about the bridge is that there are no string holes in the base, the strings just push through the backplate rather than through the body.  I want the strings to go through so I marked out six points on the base and centre punched them, then I drilled them through using my drill stand and then filled the holes smooth (I don't want to encourage the strings to break on sharp edges I have introduced).


Six holes drilled and filed out so I have both options now, either through the bridge or through the body!


I am still trying to decide what cut out shape to use.  The idea above is a sort of reverse Rickenbacker f-hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment