Friday 10 May 2013

Telecaster Project - 15 - Smooth Round The Edge

I have been frantically sanding and smoothing the edge of the Telecaster body.  I can't decide if I should bind around the edges or not however the more I sand the more I think it would be a mistake.  The MDF is laminated on both sides (Oak on the top and a red wood on the back) so there is a thin reddish line where it meets the pine which is really attractive.


The grain looks fantastic at both ends of the body.


I have to do this by hand as I don't have access to a drum sander or even a sanding attachment for my drill (next on my shopping list!)


The next chance I get I will mark up and route the neck pocket.  I couldn't resist laying the neck on the body... It's the first time this pair have ever met!  The neck is nothing special, an import from China.

No comments:

Post a Comment