Wednesday 22 May 2013

Telecaster Two - 1 - The Next Generation

The next project is under way, I will build another Fender Telecaster style body refining the techniques I learned making my first Tele body.


This time I am going to try to keep the back made of pine and just put an MDF front on the body.  I took a lot of care glueing up the blank ensuring the edges were sanded smooth and square, then hopefully I wont have to plane as much off the top and bottom.  The MDF I have for the front used to be off my sons cot... so this guitar will be called 'Luke'.


The blank was made of 4 pieces of pine cut to 17" in length and glued together and left overnight to set hard.


Next step will be to draw round the the template and rough out the shape with the jigsaw (wish I had a band saw!)

No comments:

Post a Comment